Effective Date: 12/30/2019
Information We Collect
Our website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its users within the last twelve (12) months:
|Category||The Site||CF Load Board||HaulPay|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||NO||YES||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||NO||NO||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||NO||NO||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||NO||NO||YES|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||YES||YES||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||NO||NO||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||NO||NO||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||NO||YES||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||NO||NO||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||NO||NO||YES|
Personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records. • Deidentified or aggregated consumer information. • Information excluded from the CCPA's and the Nevada Act's scope, like: • health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; • personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete when you register on our website. • Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website and the links that you click on emails that we send you. • Further, in the regular course of our business, ComFreight may monitor and record phone conversations or email communications between you and its Company personnel for training and quality assurance purposes. We may receive a confirmation when you open or click on content in an email from us, which helps us make our communications to you more useful and interesting. • From third-party business partners including partners with websites on which we have placed web beacons, which allow us to determine that you have visited a particular website or have clicked on a particular link, and from other partners including (but not limited to) social media sites, payment history providers, identification verification services, and analytics providers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. • To more effectively provide services to you in the future. • To recognize you when you return to our website. • To process your requests, and to speed up your searches. • To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests. • To assess your business circumstances and decide whether to enter a business or financing relationship with you. • To verify your identity and the entity status of your business enterprise. • To provide, develop, and support our website and our services. • To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us. • To personalize your experience on our website and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests. • To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business. • For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website and our services. • To estimate our audience size and usage patterns. • To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations. • In the event that we need to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held about our website users is among the assets transferred.
We do not sell any of your information for marketing purposes. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Publicly Available Information on our Site or Services
The Site or our Services may include interactive forums, such as message boards, chat rooms, or information used in our Load Board or HaulPay services. Any Personally Identifiable Information disclosed in these areas is public and becomes public information. You should use caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information in these forums.
Storage, Retention, and Deletion of Personal Information
We may store or process your information on our local devices or on on-demand, remote access computer systems provided by third parties (cloud). We only solicit services from reputable providers for these purposes who have gained industry recognition for stellar track-records. Information that is stored with them is subject to their privacy policies, but never (to our knowledge) do these providers collect your information for their own, or for others', marketing purposes.
We strive to protect your information while it is stored in our systems. We may anonymize or redact certain information stored in plain text (e.g. we may encrypt all but the last four digits of your bank account number), as we, and we alone, determine is practical for our business operations. For your protection and to reduce the strain on our resources, we periodically delete information according to certain schedules. For example, we delete any information we determine is sensitive (e.g. banking information) after six (6) calendar months of "inactivity" (or any transaction or occurrence involving your active participation that requires that information). We delete any other personal information that we, and we alone, determine is not sensitive (e.g. email address, information collected when you use or Site or sign up for our Load Board Services) after eighteen (18) calendar months of inactivity. We apologize for any inconvenient caused in instances where we still have your contact or other unsensitive information but require your re-submission of sensitive information for certain Services, and hope you appreciate this policy is enacted in order to better protect you.
Security of Information
Use of the Site is at your own risk. We strive to make certain that our servers and connections incorporate the latest encryption and security devices. We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Credit card and personal information are transmitted by secure servers. Documents are typically delivered to you via secured email. We also use industry-accepted standards to protect your information, including SSL encryption if transmitting sensitive information. Unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to or from the Site, Applications, or through the use of our services, and you provide this information at your own risk. ACCORDINGLY, WE DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR THE THEFT, LOSS, OR INTERCEPTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO, YOUR DATA OR COMMUNICATIONS BY USING THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND OUR SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME THESE RISKS.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
• Service providers (web hosting providers, analytics providers, payment history or credit-worthiness agencies, identification verification providers, etc.). • Data aggregators (collecting data from both online and offline sources).
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial Information.
Category E: Biometric Information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Each of these categories is not necessarily disclosed due to use of each of the Services; each of the Services business purposes disclosure practices correlates respective to the information collected as stated in the "Information We Collect" chart above
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Service providers. • Data aggregators
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Other Instances Where We May Share Your Information
We reserve the right to release all your information, to the maximum extent permitted by law in the event that: (i) we believe that the Site is being or has been used to commit unlawful acts, (ii) the information is subpoenaed or otherwise required in a court proceeding, (iii) you violate or breach an agreement with the Site, (iv) you have submitted fraudulent or otherwise invalid information to this Site, (v) we believe that you may harm, or have harmed, the property or other rights of us, our employees, the Site's other users or any other third party, (vi) we are sold to or otherwise acquired by any individual, entity or organization (i.e. to a successor entity in the event of sale of the business, including merger, bankruptcy or other ownership change), or (vii) when we otherwise deem it necessary or appropriate. We may disclose any record or communication to any third party when we, in our sole discretion, determine the disclosure to be appropriate including, without limitation, sharing your email address with other third parties for suppression purposes in compliance with the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended from time to time, or any other applicable state or federal law, rule or regulation.
We may collect your personally identifiable information while your Web browser's "do-not-track" features – or other mechanisms that provide choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about consumers' online activities – are activated. Further, while using our Site, third parties may collect personally identifiable information relating to your online activities when "do-not-track" technologies and similar mechanisms are activated.
ComFreight Mailing List
By using our HaulPay or Load Board services, you consent to receive email marketing messages or our newsletter. We use a third-party provider to assist in these services and share some of your information with them as is necessary. Information shared with them is subject to their own respective Privacy Policies; however, to our knowledge, we are not aware that they use your information for any purpose other than the provision of such newsletter's or ComFreight marketing messages.
If you would no longer like to receive our email newsletters or marketing messages, you may opt-out through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message or by clicking here. Please allow up to ten (10) business days from the time we receive such a request for us to honor it.
Your Rights and Choices
We believe in your right to control your data, and the Nevada Act provides Nevada consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. Further, even though the CCPA does not currently apply to our company, we still provide the methods described in this section in relation to your rights and how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Requests
You may request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you. • The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you. • Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information. • The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information. • The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request). • If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: • sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and • disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Accuracy or Modification Requests
We strive to keep your information up to date. If you believe any of the information we possess about you is inaccurate, you may submit updated information through the Settings page of your account or app or by emailing us as instructed in Placing Access, Accuracy/Modification, Data Portability, and Deletion Requests below.
You may request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you. • Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities. • Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality. • Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law. • Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 _seq._). • Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent. • Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us. • Comply with a legal obligation. • Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If we deny your request, we will explain why we did so in a consequent email.
Placing Access, Accuracy/Modification, Data Portability, and Deletion Requests
To exercise the access, data portability, accuracy/modification, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at [email protected].
Only you, or a person registered and/or authorized by your resident state to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. Although we never intentionally collect information regarding minors, you may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. • Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us if it is for data collected from the Site. We do not collect data from our other Services unless you create an account with us, and, accordingly, may use your ability to access those Services as a means of verifying your identity for the purposes of verifying a consumer request in relation to data gathered, used, or stored for those products' business purposes.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account or to the email address associated with that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response electronically to the email account used to make the request.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not sell your information. If you would like to verify that we have not sold any of your personal information or would nonetheless like to inform of us of your "opting-out" of the sale of your information, you may do so by emailing us at [email protected].
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. Unless permitted by the Nevada Act, as applicable, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services. • Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties. • Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services. • Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Nevada consumers have the same right under the Nevada Act. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
Links to Third Parties
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy Notice, we will post the updated Notice on the website and update the Notice's effective date. We will also send an email notice to any users who have shared their email addresses with us for the provision of our Services. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN BREACHED THROUGH USE OF OUR WEBSITE, APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER SERVICES PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT [email protected]. If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information described above, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at.
Email : [email protected].
Postal Address :
235 E. Broadway, Suite 725
Long Beach, CA 90802